WHY PROPERTY TAX APPEALS REQUIRE PROFESSIONAL ASSISTANCE . . .
Property taxes are typically one of the largest expenses in property ownership after debt service. JOHN STANLEY & ASSOCIATES TAX APPEAL SERVICES, LLC’s property tax appeal team is qualified and experienced in all property asset classes and is able to assist and guide clients in managing their property taxes, identifying opportunities for appeal and representing the client through the process toward achieving warranted property tax relief.
Property tax assessment protocols, timelines and procedures can be complex and confusing as they vary significantly by County in the State of Alabama. Our team maintains constant contact with all sixty-seven counties in the State of Alabama to remain abreast of staggered reappraisal cycles.
Our professionals make the difference and strive to deliver equity and fairness to our clients’ property tax liabilities through knowledge and experience in the ad valorem tax field.
PROPERTY OWNERS AND MANAGERS BENEFIT FROM CONTRACTING WITH JOHN STANLEY & ASSOCIATES TAX APPEAL SERVICES, LLC FROM OUR
- Understanding the tax assessment cycle of the property’s local jurisdiction, recognizing all deadlines and requirements for property reporting and filing timely appeals where necessary;
- Understanding how local assessors deploy appraisal methods to influence or estimate the assessed values, and how to navigate jurisdictional laws to ensure that the process is compliant (full understanding of the Alabama Department of Revenue Property Tax Division, Property Tax Plan for Equalization, the Alabama State Appraisal Manual and Alabama property tax laws);
- Analyzing the property’s assessment based on market research and best practices for proper assessment evidence in the context of jurisdictional law and also verifying that the assessment is fair and equitable in relation to the competitive set;
- Demonstrating whether a property is fairly assessed, for which a tax protest would be an unprofitable investment of resources or that could place the property in jeopardy of an increased assessment;
- Identifying, quantifying, and pursuing all opportunities for tax reduction; and,
- Providing concise and clear reporting to the client to allow the client to make informed decisions regarding appealing to the Circuit Court level in Alabama (requires an appeal be filed in Circuit Court in Alabama within 30 days of notification of the County Board of Equalization results).
WHY REVIEW YOUR PROPERTY TAX ASSESSMENT?
Your assessments should be reviewed every year, both for correctness and equitable treatment within the market. JOHN STANLEY & ASSOCIATES TAX APPEAL SERVICES, LLC property tax professionals work closely with local real estate appraisers, brokers, agents and property managers, sharing transaction/operational knowledge and market knowledge to remain abreast of current transactions and trends. Knowing the market and its various nuances for investment-grade real estate is essential in the property assessment appeal process. Being under contract with JOHN STANLEY & ASSOCIATES TAX APPEAL SERVICES, LLC for annual review and management of your properties assessments is a step toward ensuring the best net return on your commercial real estate investments.